The Success Centre's main aim is to keep our students in school. We recognise that some of our students may experience a spectrum of difficulties which make it hard for them to make the necessary progress and access the normal timetabled curriculum at certain times in their time at the Academy. The Success Centre will respond to need & provide opportunity & support for the students to enable them to make progress & achieve.
Who is the Success Centre for?
- Students that are having difficulties that are stopping them accessing the curriculum;
- Students that are on the pathway of exclusions;
- Students who are disengaged.
What the Success Centre will do
- The Success Centre will offer full or partial Alternate Curriculum packages that are more relevant to the student’s needs at that time.
- They will focus on a holistic approach using creative approaches as well as maintaining progress in the core subjects.
- The Success Centre work with subject staff and maintain the mainstream links with the curriculum.
- The Success Centre will monitor the progress of each student in their care and implement relevant intervention strategies.
- They will continue to develop the structured conversations with parents/carers.
- For further information please contact the academy reception on 01623 860545 and ask for the Success Centre Manager Mrs E Bowskill